About our Products
Why we love what we do
How will I know if my old cabinets can support a new countertop?
• Stone countertops can weigh up to 30 pounds per square foot. At the time of template, our technician will make sure your cabinets are structurally sound to handle the weight of your new countertops.
Will my countertop have a seam?
• We try extremely hard to avoid seams if possible, but the reality is that the majority of countertops will have a seam no matter how hard we try.
• Seams are determined by Kroner Granite Usa depending on countertop layout, slab sizes, support needed, and material usage.
Can Marble be used in the kitchen?
• Yes, but Marble is not recommended for use in the kitchen because of its tendency to stain and scratch. However because of its beauty and the classic look, marble is an excellent choice for vanities, wet bars and fireplace surrounds.
Can I cut on granite?
• Yes, Granite is an extremely tough, durable material and in most cases can be used as a cutting surface without fear of scratching the stone (although knives may dull the surface by repeated cutting on the stone). We recommend to use a cutting board.
Can I set hot pans on granite countertops?
• Yes, Granite is heat resistant, but is not heat proof, depending on the high temperatures and size of the pot it could potentially harm your stone thats why we do recommend using a rug underneath.
Does granite chip or scratch?
• Granite is a very dense material and under normal conditions it is chip and scratch resistant. However, pots, pans and other heavy objects may chip the square edge around a sink area. Several other edge profiles are available that will look beautiful and reduce the chances of chipping.
Does granite stain?
In general, no. All stone is porous to some extent, however granite has very little porosity relative to other stones. We recommend to avoid leaving spills of coffee/wine those are generally speaking what can stain your tops. Also avoid leaving rust objects on top of the surface, those can leave marks that will penetrate the surface causing stains.
How can I limit the staining of granite or marble?
Apply Sealer Yearly will keep your tops free of stains. We recommend sealing marble every 3 months.
• Wipe up spills on marble and granite as quickly as possible.
• Avoid using acidic or oil-based products on marble.
Should granite be sealed?
• Though not necessary, all granites are sealed. The sealer used is a penetrating sealer that does not change the color of the stone. It penetrates the stone and will help prevent any staining. However, it will not stop the penetration of moisture entirely. When a liquid that might cause staining spills on top, it should be cleaned up as soon as possible.
Can granite be repaired?
• While it is difficult to permanently repair granite, it is also very difficult to damage it. However, if some damage does occur, granite usually can be repaired by a mix of epoxy and ground up chips of granite.
Does granite have a completely smooth surface?
• No. Many granites contain pits and fissures that are natural characteristics of granite. Some granites exhibit these characteristics more than others, and the lighting of the room can make these marks more or less visible. These characteristics should be pointed out to the client prior to deciding on a particular material and pre-approval of the actual slab is recommended.
How long are the slabs, and can seams be avoided?
• The average slab size is typically 98" to 130" long by 55" to 68" tall
• Your Project Manager will work with each customer to place a few seams as possible in a kitchen. Seams are required based on slab size and may be needed to maintain the structural integrity of the countertop.
How long can the pieces for my application be?
• It is typically safe to have pieces that are approximately 6' to 8' long, depending upon the stone type and bowl/cook top configurations.
What is the difference between 2cm and 3cm? And what is the most appropriate thickness for the tops?
• The 2cm thick stone is approximately 3/4" thick. The 3cm is approximately 1 3/16" thick. We recommend using the 3cm for the kitchen countertops for both as esthetic reasons and structural reasons.
How much overhang can you have without supports, and what type of supports is required?
• For 3cm stone, we recommend supports with overhangs that are 12" or greater. The brackets should be spaced 1 every 20".
What type of sink can be used?
• In order to maintain the structural integrity of the countertop, we require at least 4" of stone in front of the sink cutout.
How does the dishwasher attach to the granite tops?
• The best way to attach a dishwasher is to use dishwasher metal bracket, which can be installed on the side of the cabinets.
Do you have any more questions about your countertops? Get in contact with our team. We are very experienced and are ready to assist you in all your needs. Our showroom are open 9am-5pm Monday-friday and Saturdays 9am-2pm. Our large selection of choices and experienced staff will be happy to assist.